Joshua Corney, a retired lieutenant commander, is honored to have served the US Navy for 20 years. He served missions in Afghanistan and Iraq during his service.

Corney was prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice because he was aware that his safe return home was not guaranteed. He made the decision to pledge to God during one of his trips to Afghanistan. He vowed to play Taps every night in memory of his killed teammates if he made it back home alive.

“At one point, I made a promise to God that if he brought me home safe and sound that I would do something in remembrance of those that had fallen while I was there but to also those who have died in past wars and people who will die in future wars,” Corney said.

Until the city made the decision to step in, Corney upheld his half of the contract.

Every night, much like clockwork, Corney would play the military bugle, “Taps.” This was his straightforward method of honoring fellow Americans who have served their country. Corney’s 8 o’clock Unfortunately, not all of his neighbors were appreciative of the gesture.

Mike Patria, one of the neighbors, liked Corney’s homage a lot. He added that he found it “soothing” and that it makes me pause and consider how fortunate I am.”

The Glen Rock, Pennsylvania, council, however, claimed that they had been the subject of several complaints regarding Corney’s 57-second homage. Corney was shocked to learn about the accusations as a council member.

“I take 57 seconds out of each day to show our community and our country that we stand behind the men and women of this country and what they do on a day-to-day basis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, that’s what this is for,” Corney said.

However, Fox News 43 reported that five out of six council members voted, and the council unanimously decided that, in accordance with the city’s nuisance legislation, Corney should be limited to only playing “Taps” on Sundays and holidays while he was recuperating from surgery.

But the vote was conducted without Corney’s presence, and he even accused the council members of scheduling the vote on the day he would be away. The council denied his assertions.

He stated, “I’m willing to compromise and make things work, but don’t give me a different set of standards.” He emphasized that despite receiving a letter warning him that he was in violation of the law, church bells continued to ring every day.

He might be fined up to $300 for each infraction, according to the letter.

Corvey failed in his attempt to overturn the council’s decision after a year. The tributes are now delivered privately by him.