A small toddler was being looked after by his grandmother in Pickens, South Carolina, however this is when his life was cut short. When authorities arrive to the scene and begin their investigation, they were left sick to their stomach after learning what was placed inside of his sippy cup.

Angela Denise Brewer, 46, was watching over her 14-month-old grandson, when suddenly the toddler boy became unresponsive, as reported to WSPA. Another family member started to give the boy CPR to try to save his life as police were alerted and arrived to the scene to assist.

Deputies arrived on the scene, and the child was immediately transported to the hospital by first responders. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long before doctors made the devastating announcement that he had died. Because of the circumstances of his death, an autopsy was performed on the young boy’s little body, and it unveiled quite the sick secret – the toddler had a lethal dose of oxycontin in his system.

Sadly, it was soon discovered that his grandmother, Angela Denise Brewer, had placed the lethal dose inside his sippy cup. When the young boy took a sip of his juice, he unknowingly ingested the oxycontin, which would ultimately take his life.

Most recently, the sick grandmother has been convicted of homicide by child abuse, according to Pix 11. She has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing her own grandson.