Whether you’re in the mood for some Italian cuisine or you’re pressed for time and need to make dinner in a hurry, there’s nothing quicker and easier to make than pasta. Most people always keep on hand at least a few boxes of pasta and a jar or two of tomato sauce. In fact, they’re considered basic food staples in many households and who doesn’t love a home cooked plate of spaghetti! Pasta is simply delicious and easy to make. Plus, if you ever need to feed a hungry group of people, a big pot of pasta and sauce is the perfect meal to serve.
All that you really need to do is boil up some water, drop in the pasta, strain it, and dump some sauce in with the cooked noodles, right? Not exactly, if you’re making it that way then you’re doing it wrong. If you want to make perfect pasta that tastes amazing, you have to do it the right way. The following tips covered in this video clip will help you do exactly that, so check them out and learn the proper way on how to cook and sauce pasta.
1. Add salt to the water, just before it begins to broil and before you place the pasta in the pot. This will make your pasta end up tasting a lot more flavorful and elevate it to a restaurant-quality level.
2. Do not add in olive oil to the water. If you add oil, the sauce will end up not sticking to the pasta, throwing the taste and texture off.
3. Don’t follow the instructions on the box. Each type of pasta is different in regards to how long it takes to cook. It’s better to taste taste and monitor it as you go along, that way it ends up how you like and prefer it. As for box instructions, oftentimes you don’t need to cook it as long as recommended.
4. Get the correct type of sauce for your pasta. If you plan on pairing it with a healthier sauce, use wider noodles. If you are using a thinner or runny sauce, use pasta with folds, like campanelle or rotini. They work great for holding thinner sauces on.
5. Before you drain the pasta, make sure to save at least half a cup of the starchy water it was cooked in. Then, once you’ve strained it, cook the pasta in the sauce and add in the starchy water you set aside. Cook it all together until the sauce is reduced and ready to serve.
6. Finally, if you plan on adding any additional fresh herbs or spices to the mix, make sure to always add them in with the pasta and sauce last. This will help keep the flavor fresh.
The next time you make pasta for dinner, be sure to try out all these tips and it will end up tasting perfect and absolutely wonderful.
Watch the tutorial video below for an in-depth look on how prep the perfect pasta:
Please SHARE this with family and friends