A mum is warning of the need for basic first aid training after a stumble from a waitress resulted in her one-year-old suffering a second-degree burn on her back.

Telling Tiny Hearts Education of her experience on Instagram, the Aussie mum explained how she was left “shocked” and unable to help her daughter after two waitresses collided, dropping a piping hot coffee near her daughter.

“A long black coffee was dropped next to my one-year-old daughter who was seated in a high chair,” the woman said.

While the mum had been trained in first aid, no one working at the cafe had been, and there was no suitable place for them to treat the burn with running water. Read the full story here